PPL MOMENTUM ACCELERATOR FUND FOR LIVERPOOL CITY REGION ARTISTS AND BANDSDEADLINE: 31/01/24
PPL Momentum Accelerator is a targeted scheme to support the development of outstanding artists and bands who are writing their own music outside London and who face additional barriers in reaching a crucial career tipping point based on their location.
In the last round of this fund, we saw success at Future Yard with applications from Trout and Tokky Horror and we are ready to help some more of you put together strong and competitive applications to receive £5k funding to help you with your activity in 2024.
Application’s open for this fund on 3rd January 2024 and close at 6pm on 31st January 2024.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU WITH YOUR APPLICATIONS:
1. WATCH THIS SHORT VIDEO
2. ATTEND A ONE HOUR WEBINAR WITH JOHN HENDRICKSE (PRS FOUNDATION GRANTS AND PROGRAMME MANAGER)
3. BOOK IN FOR A 90 MINUTE 1-2-1 WITH CATH
4. SEND OVER YOUR PLANS/APPLICATIONS FOR FEEDBACK TO email@example.com
SCHEDULE – JANUARY
Wednesday 3rd – fund opens
Saturday 6th – 90 minute 1-2-1s
Monday 8th – Webinar with John Hendrickse at 7pm
Friday 12th – 90 minute 1-2-1s
Monday 15th – 90 minute 1-2-1s
Monday 22nd – 90 minute 1-2-1s
Tuesday 23rd – 90 minute 1-2-1s
Monday 29th – 90 minute 1-2-1s
Wednesday 31st – application closes at 6pm
INFORMATION ABOUT PRS FOUNDATION’S PPL MOMENTUM ACCELERATOR FUND
Through PRS Foundation’s evaluation of their main PPL Momentum Music Fund (for tipping point artists/bands) and evidence from thousands of applications PRS Foundation receives each year, they identified talent pipeline gaps across the UK. Many music creators show strong musical potential but are unable to capitalise upon this due to financial barriers, gaps in regional infrastructure, knowledge, advice, and access to industry platforms.
PPL Momentum Accelerator’s long-term approach supports the development of these outstanding artists and bands outside London, with partners providing support for a number of future industry professionals such as managers, promoters, record labels, music publishers, booking agents, to bolster regional scenes across the UK.
Launched as a pilot in Liverpool in 2019, PPL Momentum Accelerator runs in Liverpool City Region, Yorkshire and Wales.
The programme can support projects by songwriters, artists, bands, and performers who are writing their own music based in Yorkshire, Liverpool City Region and Wales.
The aims of PPL Momentum Accelerator are:
- To provide vital and timely financial support of up to £5k which will help talented artists and bands outside London to reach or get beyond early career tipping points
- To enable artists and bands become more investment-ready in the future
- To support regional industry infrastructure and access to team members so that artists, bands and industry professionals do not need to leave their region to progress in their careers
- Provide access to industry-facing platforms (e.g. live platforms, radio and DSP access, industry interest)
- Provide knowledge and advice to enable music creators and industry professionals to generate income, build audiences and sustain careers
- Support a diverse range of music creators and industry professionals across the UK
- Support sustainable regional scenes, with income generated staying in the area
PPL Momentum Accelerator (Liverpool) is in partnership with Liverpool City Region Music Board, Culture Liverpool and the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority.