PRS FOUNDATION’S PPL MOMENTUM ACCELERATOR FUNDDEADLINE: 29/05/23
PRS Foundation recently announced the deadline for the next round of £5k funding for Liverpool City Region bands and artists. It’s quite soon! The deadline is 29th of May, so we’ve created a quick resource to listen to in order to get you started. We’ve also stuck some opportunities in the diary ahead of the deadline to get some 121 support with your plans, budgets and applications.
In order to access this support, you’ll need to make sure you are signed up as a PROPELLER member, which is all totally free. Joining PROPELLER also means you get to access support from our mentors whenever you need it, and you’ll be first on our radar for live opportunities. The only criteria is that you need to be based in our region.
If you’re not part of our gang yet, just fill out this form here.
Now you’re signed up and logged in, here’s what we’ve put together, quite quickly, to help you out.
First off, we’ve made an introductory resource for you to have a listen to, which should give you a few things to consider and some pointers in the right direction.
COME AND HAVE A CHAT
We’ve got two scheduled 121 sessions to help you with your plans, budgets and applications. Book two slots as it’ll probs take an hour.
If you can’t do either of these dates, shoot Cath an email on firstname.lastname@example.org and she’ll make some space in her schedule. Not during Gilla Band or Cola, though.
MAIN POINTS TO CONSIDER
- Make sure you’re activity is quite substantial, a single on its own probably isn’t worthy of investment unless there’s a load of tour dates with, a couple of singles or series of releases is better but as long as you’ve considered what’s next. An EP will give you more impact and more to work with. If you need support for tour dates, make sure you’ve got the interest there. Come have a chat.
- Starting with a timeline and adding the plan around it is often an easier way to start than staring at a blank page.
- Budgets need to be realistic. Have you got some quotes? Do you know how much things cost? Don’t just guess.
- What are you trying to achieve with your activity? Goals and targets are essential.
- Have you had any national press? A radio play, a decent blog post, an editorial playlist on a streaming platform?
- Are you making a strong case for external investment? Why should they give you the money?
- Come have a chat!