The Ellesmere Port Cultural Learning Exchange: local emerging artists needed for schools projectDEADLINE: 29/12/22
Are you an early career artist/creative from in or around Ellesmere Port?
Are you keen to develop your ability to work in partnership with schools?
The Ellesmere Port Cultural Learning Exchange is a new partnership that includes members such Curious Minds, Theatre Porto, Edsential, Ellesmere Port Library and the Waterways Museum.
The purpose is to support schools, teachers, artists and arts and cultural organisations to work collaboratively to benefit children and young people in Ellesmere Port. Specifically to ensure children, young people in EP access high quality arts and cultural experiences that improve wellbeing and learning outcomes in the broadest sense.
What is the opportunity?
The Ellesmere Port Cultural Learning Exchange are inviting expressions of interest from local emerging artists to become part of a small group who will have the opportunity to:
- Work alongside a more experienced artist and together deliver 2 creative workshop days in an Ellesmere Port primary school
- Take part in an artist’s development day that will include safeguarding training and signposting to resources/organisations that can help you put in place your DBS check, insurance, registering as self employed to get you set up to work as a freelance artist
- Creative development – spend time thinking about and developing your pedagogy and creative approach to working with children, young people and schools. Receive support and inspiration from leading practitioners.
- Benefit from new relationships and networks that may lead to further professional work
- Watch a performance of Theatre Porto’s festive show ‘Star of Wonder’
The artists selected will receive £150 for each day of involvement as a training bursary. (estimate 3 days in total)
Who is eligible for this opportunity?
This opportunity is most suitable for new or emerging artists who are at the beginning of their career as an artist working with schools (sometimes referred to as a teaching artist, an artist educator, a cultural education practitioner) You might be a recent graduate, or you might have a long history as an artist but be new to working with schools.
We are especially keen to support artists from Ellesmere Port and artists from under represented communities (including but not exclusively those who identify as Disabled, Neurodivergent, people of colour, working class)
Artist Development Day – Friday 16th December 2022 at Theatre Porto, Ellesmere Port
School Session – Thursday 12th January 2023 at a primary school in Ellesmere Port
School Session – Thursday 23rd March 2023 at a primary school in Ellesmere Port
HOW TO APPLY:
Send an email to email@example.com with your name, locality and a bit about:
- your work as an artist
- your experience working with schools or children and young people to date and
- why you feel you’d benefit from this opportunity
- what are you most passionate about in your work as an artist?
In no more than 500 words
Deadline is Thursday 1st December 2022 at 12 noon.