PRS FOUNDATION: PPL MOMENTUM ACCELERATOR (£5K – LIVERPOOL CITY REGION APPLICANTS)DEADLINE: 6/02/23
PPL Momentum Accelerator is a targeted scheme to support the development of outstanding artists and bands who are writing their own music, and future Industry Professionals, outside London and who face additional barriers in reaching a crucial career tipping point based on their location.
Through the evaluation of the PPL Momentum Music Fund and evidence from thousands of applications PRS Foundation receives each year, this identified talent pipeline gaps across the UK. Many music creators show strong musical potential but are unable to capitalise upon this due to financial barriers, gaps in regional infrastructure, knowledge, advice, and access to industry platforms.
This fund opens for applications on 9th January and closes on 6th February.
If you are interested in applying for this fund, we recommend attending PROPELLER DAY at Future Yard on Saturday 14th January, as we’ll running a session on this fund and others, so you can ensure your activity is fundable and that you are able to submit a strong application. Please register here.
The PPL Momentum Accelerator Fund is managed by PRS Foundation in partnership with Culture Liverpool, PPL and Spotify, and funded by the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority Strategic Investment Fund.
Through this partnership, they will support:
- 2 x PPL Momentum Accelerator artist grantees with support of £5,000 each. Artists or their representatives will apply through an open call and grantees will be selected by a panel of independent expert advisors. There will be 1 deadline per year.
- 1 x full PPL Momentum Fund artist grantee with support of up to £15,000. Artists or their representatives will apply to a PPL Momentum deadline and will be selected through the standard PPL Momentum Fund process
- 5 x PPL Momentum Accelerator ‘Future Industry Professional’ grantees will receive £1,000 worth of support which might include a micro-grant, mentoring or other holistic support. Future Industry Professionals will be selected in partnership with the Liverpool City Region Music Board.
The aims of PPL Momentum Accelerator are:
- To provide vital and timely financial support of up to £5k which will help talented artists and bands outside London to reach or get beyond early career tipping points
- To enable artists and bands become more investment-ready in the future
- To support regional industry infrastructure and access to team members so that artists, bands and industry professionals do not need to leave their region to progress in their careers
- Provide access to industry-facing platforms (e.g. live platforms, radio and DSP access, industry interest)
- Provide knowledge and advice to enable music creators and industry professionals to generate income, build audiences and sustain careers
- Support a diverse range of music creators and industry professionals across the UK
- Support sustainable regional scenes, with income generated staying in the area
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THIS FUND (and to apply from 9th January)